The final meeting of the State Commission for Emergency Situations was held under the chairmanship of Kassym-Jomart Tokayev. The meeting was attended by akims of regions and cities of republican significance, as well as heads of state and law enforcement agencies via video communication.
President noted that today the state of emergency in the country has ended, but the spread of the disease has not slowed down, and quarantine restrictions will be gradually lifted as the situation in each region improves.
- From today, several stores will be opened throughout the country, fashion salons, educational centers and other facilities will be revived. The parks will open. The work of air transportation for passengers will be restored. However, we must take precautions in our daily lives. It is necessary to observe a social distance, to wear a mask in public, the president said.
In his speech, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev focused on the issues of social support.
- On my instructions, two sets of anti-crisis measures are being implemented in the country. More than 4.5 million People receive financial assistance in the amount of 42,500 tenge. Food and household items are distributed to more than 1 million people. Utility rates have been reduced. Those who are most in need will get extra help to pay for it. About 2 million people have postponed their loans, " the president said.
The President noted that Kazakhstan has sufficient financial reserves and the necessary resources to solve the problems of employment and development.
- I would like to focus on the development priorities during and after the crisis. The main thing is to protect the life and health of all Kazakhstanis, increase the incomes of citizens, support and develop business, improve the education and science system, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
According to the President, it is necessary to pay special attention to food security. At the same time, affordable housing should become an important factor of economic development, employment, and social support.
- I am instructing you to implement a new project “5-10-20” on the provision of housing loans to solve the problems of citizens waiting in line. In this regard, we will allocate 390 billion tenge at the expense of anti-crisis funds. An unprecedented amount of housing will be built in the country this year. In particular, 15 million square meters or 150 thousand apartments. By the end of the year, the government should create a "Family Bank" on the basis of JSC "Zhilstroysberbank" to ensure comprehensive development and support. This structure will carry out housing accounting, queues and housing placement in a single center, " Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
In addition, the President instructed citizens to complete the task of using part of pension savings for housing by July 1.
According to the President, in the name of social justice, it is necessary to consider the introduction of a progressive measure of personal income tax on wages and other income. The goal is to bring out of the shadows the most common and hidden method of remuneration. Special attention was paid to citizens who paid a lump sum payment for the first time.
- It is necessary not to let these citizens remain alone and go back into the shadows. In difficult times, state support, social assistance and decent pensions are available only to those who work legally and pay taxes. Therefore, along with the temporarily unemployed, such citizens should constantly be in the center of attention of the government and akims, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
The Head of State touched upon the issues of lending to the economy, support for the most affected industries and small and medium-sized businesses in the event of an emergency. In his speech, the President paid special attention to radical changes in the field of healthcare and education, which meet new requirements.
Modernization of the public administration system was identified as an important area.
- As an established way of working, I suggest holding various meetings of the government, ministries, akimats remotely. Unnecessary procedures, agreements and recommendations, as well as other time-consuming and expensive measures should be eliminated. This practice is outdated. The essence of the e-government concept should be revised. The procedures for consultations, requests, and applications were fully translated online. We need to make the language of the egov system simple and understandable for the people, the president said.
During the meeting, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev also touched upon the issue of emergency response in the Turkestan region.
- We will take the necessary measures to restore the daily life of the Maktaaral district. New houses will be built by autumn. Each victim will be paid compensation in the amount of 100 thousand tenge. Losses of livestock and damage to farmland from floods will be compensated. I am grateful to all the people who help the affected area, the President said.